Businesses forced closed during COVID-19, we turned around to release the national hit song to fight back the pandemic
Viet Nam Oi is the flagship uplifting song in Vietnam for national occasions. Minh Beta – its songwriter and singer – collaborated with YellowBlocks to rewrite the lyrics to encourage nationalism and people’s unity to overcome the pandemic.
Starting with a man’s passion, a team’s creativity, the government’s endorsement, and the whole public’s support, with zero cash investment – we made a hit song to send the most positive message to the world: Let’s Fight COVID in Unity! It was an amazing experience for YellowBlocks to fully coordinate and lead this project to be the national hit song of more than 20 Million views, featured in 500+ news locally and globally.
Read our Press Release featured on PRNewswire
This is the case study video to explain the impact of this hit song.
Thank you Minh Beta for entrusting us with this meaningful project. Special thank you to all the project members, partners and public audience for your support. The whole campaign was planned and executed within a record time of 14 days, amid the challenging social distancing period.
- The first community musical project empowered by the Vietnam Ministry of Health
- Call for cash sponsors worth over 200,000 USD within 7 days.
- Official Music video reached more than 1 million views on Youtube; inspired thousands of fanmade contents, totalling 20+ million views; on Facebook’s top recommended video in Vietnam; was covered over 200 times on TV / radio channels; shared by 200 KOLs within the first week of launching.
- The song is used as the default ringing tone for more than 90 million users of telecommunication networks (Vinaphone, Mobifone, Viettel, Vietnamobile); is heavily rotated on national TV and radio channels, 400+ coffee shops and supermarkets in Vietnam.
- The campaign was featured in 150+ local news sites and 400+ global ones like Yahoo! News, Business Insider, Seeking Alpha, Morning Star…
- Award: the campaign was selected for the final round of the 2020 PR Newswire National – PR & Communication Awards
This video is made for a non-commercial purpose for a community project. This is not the official MV of the song. I got the authorization to use this soundtrack from the song artist but did not have enough time to get authorization from all publicly available footage. Please contact us if you think there are any intellectual property infringements.
Script by Doan Kieu My (Kimiko) – YellowBlocks
Video editing by Gavin & Nhat Vy – YellowBlocks
Voice Over Artist contributed by YellowBlocks
Music: Beat of Let’s Fight COVID! by Minh Beta (full agreement of usage)
Main Source of production: Behind the scene video and Video production of the MV Let’s Fight COVID!
Other Sources: Publicly available TV news from The Guardian, The Economist, CNA, Global NEWS, VTC Now, NBC News, ABC NEWS Prime, Sky News, CGTN, VTV6, FBNC, VTC14, TQKS, VTV…
Full credits for Vietnamese Music Video Version
A COMMUNITY MUSIC PROJECT BY MINH BETA
SINGER & SONGWRITER: MINH BETA
ENDORSED BY MINISTRY OF HEALTH (VIETNAM)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT BY YELLOWBLOCKS TEAM
YellowBlocks’ Team Members: DOAN KIEU MY – HACHI BUI – NHAT VY – TRANG BUI – CHINH TRAN – JINEL THAO NGUYEN – NGUYEN THAI THUAN – DINH THI MINH NGOC – LE NGOC HUYNH NHU – KHAI NGUYEN – LE HOANG TRAM
Guest Stars: TRUNG DAN – POM – HA ANH – QUYNH ANH SHYN – KHANH THI – QUANG DANG
Production House: SPACEX MEDIA
Strategic Supporting Partner: GENERALI VIETNAM
Supporting Partner: BITI’S – ELSA – OWEN – SENDO – SUNHOUSE
Community Partner: METUB – FACEBOOK – TRUYỀN HÌNH FPT – TIKTOK – HIGHLANDS COFFEE – 7SAT – GAPO – ONFLUENCER – LEAD THE CHANGE – THEFACE MEDIA – VRACE
YellowBlocks is the trusted Vietnam tech gateway to provide local insights, premiere networks, and business / marketing / tech strategies for leading companies in emerging tech (ABCD – AI/ML/Robotics, Blockchain, Cloud, Data).